With the nasty weather outside, there was nothing better to do today then paint! I’d found a photo on my computer that I thought was lost – of a stone church converted into a theater from Barmouth, Wales that I’d shot 15 years ago! Only problem was, the sole 16 x 20 inch canvas I had around the house was torn near one corner and I thought unusable. Well… almost. I decided slapping a bit of gesso over sheetrock seam tape would work. The jury’s still out but I’m hoping I can hide the tape, which I cut intentionally small for the front. I also repaired the back of the canvas. I plan to keep this painting forever, so figure I can live with the minor flaw.
Here’s what it looks like now… Wish me luck and post if you have other ideas for torn canvas repairs.